Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Consumer rights for nondelivery of services or goods?

I recently got married and put down a 50% deposit with a flower preservation company to preserve my bridal bouquet. I mailed my bouquet overnight to the company as agreed, and they acknowledged receipt. They also promised a delivery date in September, then told me in October that it would be ready by the end of the month. It's now November, and the company is ignoring my attempts to contact them for an update on my order status. I reported the company to the Better Business Bureau, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what else I can do to either 1) receive my preserved bouquet as promised or 2) get a full refund and be compensated for the bouquet (which cost over $200 itself)?





I appreciate any advice you might have, as I am not sure where to go from here. Thanks so much!!

Consumer rights for nondelivery of services or goods?
The Better Business Bureau is a joke.





The only reason they exist is because BUSINESSES give them money to exist, while they pretend to "advocate consumers rights". I've NEVER met anybody who had a positive resolution from the BBB.





You might try www.badbusinessbureau.com which allows you to report companies publicly, which might bring them to their senses.





Finally, I'd take them to court, for what you think it is worth and what the boquet's actual worth is. 15 bucks gets you a small claims court summons.





If they don't show, you'll probably get whatever damages you ask for.

shoes stock

No comments:

Post a Comment